2019 is soon over - and it was another interesting year for the MicroLED industry - as we've seen more R&D activities, new prototypes and announcements - and promises of new product launches in 2020.
Here are the top 10 stories posted on MicroLED-Info in 2019, ranked by popularity (i.e. how many people read the story):
- VueReal developed a 30,000 PPI micro-LED microdisplay, will start accepting orders for samples soon (May 12)
- Samsung now offers the Wall Luxury microLED tiled displays globally (Sep 30)
- We talk Micro-LED technology and market with Yole Développement (Jan 16)
- Glo demonstrate its LTPS and CMOS MicroLED displays (Feb 7)
- Samsung shows 75" and 219" Micro-LED displays at CES 2019 (Jan 7)
- Sony reveals its Cystal-LED MicroLED display prices in Europe (Aug 2)
- TCL demonstrates an early Micro-LED prototype display (Jan 11)
- Sony to install a 16K 19 meters long Cledis microled display at Shiseido's Yokohama R&D center (Apr 11)
- See PlayNitride's latest flexible and transparent Micro-LED prototypes (Jul 19)
- Sanan to setup a $1.8 billion Mini-LED and Micro-LED production center in Hubei, China (Apr 29)
It will be interesting to see the first signs of actual commercialization. We are looking forward to a bright and exciting 2020!